Monday, December 04, 2006

Of my travels far and wide

I am back. The trip was awesome. I haven't had so much fun since I had gone to the trekking trip in college. The work was the first two days and after that was 8 days of pure and simple fun.

It was my first time in Singapore and from what people had told me it is a squeaky clean place where people are fined for smoking, littering and cannot even imagine in their worst nightmares of spitting on the streets. Its all true and boy the effect is surreal. Its seems beyond faultless with automatons posing as people.

There are a lot of observations but as of now do not have the time to write them all down. I wish I did but am swamped with pending work and on top of that finding it difficult to sit on a desk and look through emails after 10 days of no PC, no cellphone and most importantly no boss.

R and I went to four countries, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand and Indonesia in 10 days but it still wasn't a rush-rush thing. We used public transport and tatiya (feet) transport most of the time wherever we went so as to minimize expenses since we are both quite broke now after spending so much in the air tickets and accomodation. Some of it was paid for but quite a bit was our own money.

I am now tanned and glowing. Parents are relieved, as if we would have made the brief voyage into a permanent escapade and never returned. R was back to work this morning itself with a con-call. Things will return to normal in a few days but all in all the fantastic 10 days will be remembered and relieved again and again through the memories.

Comments:
Sahi hain!! I have been to Singapore and Bangkok, out of the four countries you mentioned and Singapore is no doubt the most modern, sophisticated and neat and clean country of the two. Technologically it is ages ahead of North America. Also, public transportation is the best in Singapore. I will go there again on the way back to India, now that I know 2-3 bloggers there too [:D]

Congratulations on the new blog. I started a new one on blogspot too, it way better and easier to maintain than rediff :-)
 
Welcome back!

And great to hear you had lots and loads of fun. Will await the details, *ahem ahem*, all the details ;)... LOL

Hvnt been to any of the four countries, so ab tumhare blog ke sahare hi dekh loonga...hope u also took some snaps?
 
hi Ricky, whats up. Good to see the regulars turning up for the second innings of life as it goes. I agree Singapore is definately more sophisticated but Bangkok seemed more alive. The trains were very efficient, they seem to have thought of everything.

oh!! you too shifted? rediff is loosing its loyal customers, not that it cares so might as well give google more revenue. will drop in there sometime.
 
sirji, the *ahem ahem* details will not be shared on the blog. Call me if you want to know them, there are quite a few ;)

will be posting highlights and observations of the trip slowly going day-wise. R took more than 300 snaps as he doesn't trust me with his precious camera. will post them too.
 
ohh wow an update..I want to visit s'pore, thailand...for SHOPPING..let me read the next post...
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]