Monday, September 25, 2006

Look Who's Back

Its been four months and twenty-five days since I had written the good-bye post on rediffblogs. Lots of things happened during in this time great, good, bad, sad, ridiculous, horrible, painful etc. etc. but something that happened recently made me realise that I should go back to blogging. If not as active as before at least keep the chornicling and documenting going otherwise life, as it goes will pass by without even one memory stencilled in time. I lost someone very close recently and made me realise how fragile life can be and so the return of the prodigal kid with a very unlike me poem of what I felt when the man who died lay in front of me and I was doing a mundane task of removing rose petals from the stems for people who visited and needed the flowers to pay respects. Dead flowers for the dead …


Dialogue.

I stare at it disbelieving,
its stare matches mine, only slightly amused,
as if surprised at my audacity
to disbelieve its presence.

They go past it in regular humdrum,
each in a wordless dialogue with it.
staring at it as if unseeing
hoping for its absence.

How many lies will be told in its face?
How many days will its shadow shame?
Time will pass and eyes which once sparked tears
will show sadness only in name.

I lower my eyes in helpless defeat
there is always something, they say.
But forget to add the exception
nothing exists that death can’t cheat.


Comments:
I would call it romancing the macabre. The way you've maintained the grave tone all the while talking about what goes there, is a cold cold grey.

The last line is the razors edge, comes at once and finishes it off.

If i were to criticize it (if i assume the authority), i would ask for some more form, since there are traces of it (3rd and 4th stanza). But if you were to stick with the free verse, i guess it would be equally graceful.

The inspiration is chilling, the imagery is vivid. The tribute has been worthwhile.

But most of all, Welcome Back! I missed you.
 
Welcome good sir and to receive such an opinion from you is overwhelming.
abt the free verse v/s form thing, that is what happens when I write poetry, at first its just abstract thoughts penned randomly and then as it goes on the form comes about but then when its done, if I want to change the first few lines of free verse with a form, I just can't do it and thats that. help me here in this one to bring in form on the 1st and 2nd.
Lastly, its good to be back don't know for how long but will try.
 
Hi Priyangini, welcome once again...
 
hi jay, thanks. good to see you here.
 
Ohh come on...
Be here.
You do not have to escape,
or bid the final bye's.
Perhaps once in a while
but be here.
 
wah wah wah wah!!!! kya all bloggers are coming back???!?! I am planning on coming back too..but in a week or two...good to see you BACK..back for good? let me read the posts now..
 
vyom, attempting a reply.
I am here,
not going anywhere,
bidding an adieu.
Perhaps absent awhile
but I am here.
 
hi Kaush back after the break. Yes kind of missed you all ;) actually the thing is work ka burden thoda kum hua hai.

Great to know you are returning too. The return of the prodigal daughters is happening. hopeing for the old days of non-stop blogging. :)
 
Good to see you back !!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]