Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Alive

Sleep is keyed to end at the tune of the cellphone chime. Limbs functioned to move exactly in the next two minutes. Brain powered to process actions at the first shriek of traffic. Each movement structured to catch the 9:16 local and racing to reach office just in time.

The mind has no extra space then, calculated to reject everything that will possibly occupy it unnecessarily and delay the body from reaching the spot where the first class compartment's door will stop for the mad rush into an empty train and a sense of achivement at getting a seat.

Just as the train moves I see a little girl dressed up in her best frock holding the guiding hand of her mother who walks carefully through the crowd. There eyes meet for a fleeting instant, they understand and she picks her up in her arms protecting her against unknown body machines.

Momentarily I forget that I am in the mechanised mode, a smile comes to my lips at the beauty of the mother-child wordless bond. I will do what I have to do but it is refreshing to remember once in a while the fact that within this programmed body, I am still alive.

Comments:
Yes you are very much. For that is how we get such fleeting glimpses. : )
 
hi vyom, i guess it i was missing these fleeting glimpses in the passage of time that got me back to blogging.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]